Corrections An Introduction 3rd Editiob Description
This book examines corrections not just from an academic view, but from those who are at the center of the system. It includes correctional history and theory, yet concentrates on what professionals do, why they do it, and the challenges they face every day. Taking an insider’s view, this edition discusses the impact of budgetary challenges, alternatives to incarceration and updates to legal decisions. This book is fully updated to include the latest on: T his is just the standalone book.
- Problems solving courts (mental health)
- Evidence-based practices
- Staff recruitment and retention issues
- Private prisons
- Correctional technology
- Prisoner reentry
Some new features to this edition include:
- New! A new section on the impact of budgetary challenges
- New! A new section on alternatives to incarceration
- New! Updated legal decisions
This is a perfect resource for individuals and taxpayers interested in today’s criminal justice system, and an understanding of how programs operate and how much they cost.